Location: New York (Remote)
Reports to: Director of Creative
Contract: Full Time, Exempt
Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers, and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each, we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Senior Creative Designer to join our growing New York creative team to produce exceptionally high-quality branding and marketing materials, working on both client and internal projects.
About The Role:
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, you will design, produce, review, and execute client creative concepts, branding, digital and print marketing materials, responsive web including interactive user interfaces, and social media design. You will be involved in marketing communication campaigns through creative concept discussions leading to the production of striking graphic design. You will work on multiple projects simultaneously, both individually and as part of a team, with the ability to deliver quality work to deadlines.
- Create unique visually compelling and conceptual brand solutions for our projects and clients
- Develop concepts both independently and with a team, from the sketch phase to execution, in order to communicate and present your ideas to internal stakeholders
- Be a visual storyteller in a way that generates engagement from the client and the creative team
- Effectively vocalize opinions and critique ideas within the overall team
- Good project management skills and the ability to understand and execute on a brief
- Keep the Creative Director and Project Manager informed of status and pertinent roadblocks while approaching challenges with solution-oriented thinking
- Juggle multiple projects, stay organized, keeping your own workload on track, and reaching out to key team members as needed to keep projects moving
- Proactively pursue individual learning in graphic design related activities
- Provide administrative, research, and coordination support as required to the Creative Director
- Create layouts, mock-ups, prototypes, and written proposals to illustrate concepts to the Creative Director and support in defining project scopes and deliverables.
- Develop overall layout and production design of internal and external brochures, reports, and corporate events
- Assist with the execution of design projects including inspiration, branding, digital brochures, and website design
- Works well collaboratively and curiously, and thrives in a high-energy environment
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work and work of the team
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in web design tools such as Figma, Sketch and InVision or AdobeXD is a plus
- Familiarity with After Effects or animation is a plus
- Illustration skills are a plus
- Copywriting is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of layout, typography, color systems, and design principles is necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must provide a link to a portfolio or PDF of relevant work samples to be considered
- Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or closely related subject; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience
- 3-6 years of professional experience in a design, consultancy, media, or advertising environment
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey narrative through graphic design
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Must be able to apply and communicate solid rationale as part of their creative process
- Must possess excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web, and screen design
- Interest in architecture or the built environment is essential
We offer a competitive salary with benefits and the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your resume/CV, portfolio (PDF), and a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please state in the subject line “VH|NY Senior Creative Designer”.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Due to the exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.