Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Senior Unreal Artist to join our growing team to assist in producing exceptionally high quality and detailed UE Experiences, working as part of a team of talented creative artists.
About the role:
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio showcasing their expertise in Shading, Lighting, Optimization, Scripts/Pipeline work, and Visual Effects (FX) in UE5. This role has the option of being full time remote or full time in our London studio.
You will work on multiple projects as part of a team, with the ability to deliver quality work to deadlines and collaborate with both art and programming team in a positive and pro-active manner.
- Create detailed architectural spaces and urban environments as well as having a deep knowledge in building natural environments.
- Work closely with the art and programming teams to ensure that levels are optimized for performance and maintain a high level of visual quality
- Continuously iterate on and improve levels throughout the development process
- Design and implement advanced shading and lighting techniques in UE5 to achieve a high level of realism and visual quality
- Create and maintain efficient and reusable content creation pipelines and scripts for architectural visualization projects
- Work closely with the art and programming teams to ensure that visualizations are optimized for performance
- Collaborate with the design team to create and implement visual effects (FX) to enhance the realism of the visualizations
- Exceptional knowledge of Autodesk 3D Studio Max, ZBrush, Unreal Engine 5 and other modeling softwares
- Strong portfolio showcasing your work in Shading, Lighting, Optimization, Scripts/Pipeline work, and Visual Effects (FX) in UE5
- Strong Knowledge of how to export and optimize models from 3ds Max to Unreal Engine using Datasmith
- The ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings, FF&E shop drawings, concepts and create 3d models with clean geometry, efficient poly use, and a high level of detail.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages such as C++, Blueprints, Python, and/or Mel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Visualization, Architecture or other related subject preferred
- Strong portfolio showcasing your work in blueprint scripting and virtual production film in UE5
- 5+ years professional experience in architectural 3D Visualisation
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication, management and organisation
- Highly creative and enthusiastic and Technically minded
- Proactive, inspiring and excellent attention to detail
- Artistic eye for photography
- A competitive salary
- Competitve holiday allowance
- Christmas closure
- Pension contributions
- Monthly team outings
- Free gym memberships
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your CV, portfolio (PDF), and a short letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Please state in the subject line “Unreal Senior Artist”.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
No agencies please.