Visualhouse is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our growing London and New York creative team to develop high-quality web productions for client and in-house related projects.
About The Role:
This role will work to execute and develop high-quality web productions for in-house and client related projects. The developer must have knowledge in all stages of full stack software development and will execute these productions across multiple media formats and follow the lead of the Creative Director's conceptual and stylistic direction.
- Design overall architecture of web applications, while maintaining quality, code integrity and organization to ensure responsiveness of applications
- Developing back-end plugins like advanced custom fields, Front-end styling including functionality & interactivity and interactive map experiences (Google, Mapbox etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications and participate in collaborative team efforts with responsive, user experience and user interface design
- Responsive development experience for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Experience working with designers and converting visual design to code
- Understanding of implementation of security and data protection
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs. desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Working knowledge of Figma and Photoshop
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of innovative development experience ideally in a design, media or agency with multi-industry clients
- Relevant degree
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively and proactively as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Works collaboratively, curiously and takes ownership and responsibility for their work
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate ideas, solutions and rationale in a clear and consistent manner to solve design issues
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Must possess excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited Holiday
- Christmas closure
- Monthly team outings
- Flexible hours
- Remote work option
Email your resume and portfolio (PDF) of recent work, and a quick letter explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to [email protected] Please state in the subject line “Senior Web Developer”.
Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
No agencies please.