VISUALHOUSE is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers, and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each, we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to consult for our growing creative team to develop high-quality web productions for in-house and client-related projects.
About The Role:
This role will work closely with the Technical Director and Director of Creative to execute and develop high-quality web productions for client-related, marketing, and in-house projects. The developer must have knowledge in all stages of web development and will execute these productions across multiple media formats and follow the lead of the Director of Creative’s conceptual and stylistic direction.
- Design overall architecture of web applications, front-end and back-end, while maintaining quality, code integrity, and organization to ensure responsiveness of applications
- Solid understanding of responsive development experience for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Experience working with designers and converting visual design to code
- Working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Invision, as they are essential design and prototyping softwares used
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications and to participate in collaborative team efforts on UX/UI
- Understanding of implementation of security and data protection
- Works collaboratively and curiously
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work and work of the team
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems, addressing them effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational, time, and task management skills
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience
- 3+ years of innovative development experience ideally in a design, media, or agency with multi-industry clients
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey narrative through graphic design
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Must be able to apply and communicate solid rationale as part of their creative process
- Must possess excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web, and screen design
- Interest in architecture or the built environment is essential
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas closure
- Healthcare contributions
- Monthly team outings
- Gym memberships
- Remote work setting
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your resume, portfolio (PDF) and a short message explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to [email protected] Please state in the subject line “VH Full Stack Web Developer”.
We are accepting applications from candidates located in United Kingdom or Europe.
Due to the exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
No agencies, please.