VISUALHOUSE is an international creative agency focused on creating compelling brand stories for architecture, design, and the built environment. We work worldwide with leading architects, developers, and designers on landmark projects. Each project is unique, and to each, we bring passion and expertise with our multidisciplinary creative teams skilled in 3D visualization, still imagery, film, and animation, as well as branding and interactive. Together, these disciplines form a cohesive and creative vision to produce compelling brand narratives for our clients. We have studios in New York, London, and Los Angeles.
We are currently looking for an Art Director to produces and maintain exceptional team standards and aesthetics for all rendered imagery/film. The Art Director is responsible for creatively directing imagery and film direction, reviewing and maintaining the quality of all produced materials and directing any revisions in line with client feedback. This role can be done remotely and is open to applicants located anywhere.
About the role:
The Art Director works closely with the Project Director and Director of CGi as a Visualhouse ambassador with client interaction and in the professional development of artists. The Art director takes a lead on motivating the team and assists in all aspects of creating a highly motivated, efficient and productive team.
- Lead the art direction of multiple for what concerns images and animations
- Develop, render and deliver high quality photorealistic 3D visualisations & animations for clients
- Meet with executive level management to discuss the best approach to present projects to the clients, organizing an appropriate work schedule and ensuring the delivery of projects, respecting budgets and deadlines
- Liaise with art directors across international offices to maintain a consistent quality and knowledge sharing
- Manage artists output and deliverables, including setting goals, managing workflows and improving techniques to meet business expectations and continually push the bar on quality and photorealism
- Lead and be the point of contact for the artistic direction of projects and ensure a consistent aesthetic quality across projects, images and film.
- Manage quality and control of all final imagery and film produced
- Train and coordinate Junior, Mid and Senior artists with technical elements and day-to-day queries
- Collaborate with Project Director in identifying development opportunities for artists.
- Inspire and lead artists to produce materials which exceed client expectations
- Partner with Project Director and Director of CGi in formal review and appraisal of artists
- Be an ambassador for Visualhouse; attend client meetings, design reviews and industry events
- Lead research and investigation of new technologies and practices
- Lead on refining, developing and perfecting in-house practices and efficiencies
- Contribute to new ideas for knowledge sharing and development of the studio team
- Model high quality photorealistic assets & textures and accurate lighting and shadows through to completion
- Collaborate with Project Director day to day to assist technical running and delivery of projects
- Work with artists to provide design iterations, pitch material and concept images for high profile projects
- Model assets, develop textures, lighting and shadow through to completion
- Liaise and meet with clients to manage expectations, receive and interpret comments
- Develop artistic and project management skills to improve quality
- Delivery post-production finishing of renderings
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Visualization, Architecture or other related subjects
- 7+ years professional experience in 3D architectural visualization
- Clear communication and creative problem-solving ability
- Enthusiastic and collaborative team player
- Experience in managing client relationships and assisting in client meetings is desirable
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas closure
- Healthcare contributions
- Monthly team outings
- Gym memberships
- Remote work setting
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience. In addition, we are committed to the training and nurturing of talent and staff development. Our studio is an exciting and collaborative space where we promote and encourage creative and innovative thinking.
Email your resume, portfolio (PDF) and a short message explaining why you are right for the role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in the subject line “VH Art Director”.
We are accepting applications from candidates located anywhere in the world
Due to the exceptionally high volumes of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.
No agencies, please.